Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Mr. Peacock

I was busy washing dishes while Trey was outside tilling our garden when I heard a very strange, yet distinct sound. I immediately recognized it as the call of a peacock. Mr. Peacock had traveled through the woods from the barnyard at Dad and Mom M.'s to pay us a friendly visit. I instantly ran to find my camera to attempt to capture a photo of him.

After retrieving my camera from our backpack (it was there from our biking adventure the day before),  I stepped out the backdoor and found him sauntering about the backyard.




Trey's rototiller was roaring away nearby but Mr. Peacock was not in the least daunted by the sound. I quickly snapped a few photos, but unfortunately was unable to get him fan out and show off his beautiful feathers.




He wondered about the backyard while we planted our garden and then finally made his way home. That was over a week ago, and he was back for a visit today. He must be courting my chickens, Hee Hee!   

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! That's neat that he travels to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda! I know it makes Mom and Dad's house seem so much closer! My chickens are very honored by his attention. (Hee, hee!)

      Delete