Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

My Trim Healthy Journey...

Last October I shared this post after receiving my copy of Trim Healthy Mama in the mail.

I'd like to tell you a little about my journey so far! I am sharing this personal information, in hopes that it will in some way encourage you to live a healthier lifestyle; so that your days upon this earth will be blessed with abundant good health and vitality!

I've been eating the Trim Healthy way for over a year now and I can honestly say it has been the most wonderful year of my life (food and health wise). I’m 22 years old and I have PCOS. I have been married to my wonderful Husband for 3 ½ years. I've struggled with my weight since I became a teenager and every year the weight seemed to inch a little higher. On my wedding day (I was almost 19 years old) I weighed around 175 lb. and after two years of marriage I reached my highest weight, 205 lb.!

Me at my highest weight, 205 lb.

             I felt sick all the time, I had terrible neck and upper back pain that would NOT go away, I had heartburn almost everyday, irregular monthly cycles, my body sent the signal that my tummy was full hopelessly late and therefore I over-ate. I slept restlessly every night with terrible nightmares and felt stressed and exhausted upon waking each morning like I had worked all night long. All of that extra weight was plain uncomfortable and it became harder and harder to feel comfortable in my own skin!
            My Husband and I tried a special diet for 5 months. It involved juicing, eating mostly vegetarian, non-dairy, etc., etc… It was full of rules and just plain horrid! My Husband got too skinny and I lost about 25 lb. It was not practical whatsoever! After realizing that we could not continue eating that way we stopped cold turkey and I quickly gained most of the weight back and began to feel miserable again.
            One day my Husband surprised me with an unexpected package in the mail. It was an interesting looking book that I had been longing to read; it was Trim Healthy Mama!
            Trim Healthy Mama was a super easy read in spite of containing 650 pages. It was full of wisdom gained from much research and study and delivered in such a fun and often times humorous way. I wanted to give this thing a try and see if applying the principles in the book would actually work. I made my first on-plan meal on October 23, 2012. I began my Trim Healthy Journey at 192 lb.

Me at 192 lb.

 In the next few months I would begin learning how to nourish my body in a healthy and slimming way and yet never feel deprived! I enjoyed cooking more than I ever had before and honestly, I enjoyed what I was eating more than I ever had before!

By our 3rd anniversary, in February, I had lost 12 lb.!

Me at 180 lb.

For four months I yo-yoed and plattoed. I did my first fuel cycle at the beginning of June and lost 4 lb.! I learned so much from that fuel cycle. I realized I had been having too many “Heavy “S” meals, not enough “E” meals, and too many off-plan meals. It was time to get serious. I passed my wedding weight and stalled at 174lb. in August, but after a fuel cycle at the beginning of September the pounds once again began to slowly melt.

Me at 174 lb.

This Thanksgiving I weighed 163.8 lb.! I was fourteen the last time I weighed that much!


Me around  160 lb.

I actually lost weight over Christmas and I've made it to the 150's!!! This week I weighed in at 157.4 lb. That means from my heaviest I've lost a total of 47 lb., with 35 of those pounds being lost after reading and applying the principles found in Trim Healthy Mama! That means I'm over halfway to my original goal weight! It seems almost unreal to me that I have made it this far and without ever feeling deprived!

 I may yo-yo slightly, I may even platto for a while, but I now have the knowledge of what to do when that happens! I know that if I keep taking it one meal at time I will eventually make it to a healthy weight for me! I’m 5’ 3 ½” tall (yes, exactly), and my original goal was 130 lb. It may end up being more like 120 lb., but I’ll know when I get there. When Trey says, “Honey, you’re getting a little on the skinny side…” it’ll be time for some crossovers that will help me maintain. Oh, but wait, there is so much more than weight loss, that’s only part of the blessing that Trim Healthy Mama has been in my life!

            I feel AMAZING!!! My neck and back rarely hurt anymore, heartburn-a thing of the past, my monthly cycles have become regular, after eating a moderate amount of food my body actually signals that I’m full, and I sleep like a baby most nights! I feel calmer and more in control instead of being up and then down all the time. I feel free and I can think clearly! Over all, I just feel like superwoman!

            I can't express my thankfulness enough to the authors of Trim Healthy Mama and the changes that it has brought in my weight and overall health. I wish I had a million free copies to give away to anyone who was willing to give it a try, but I don't. My hope is that after reading this you will be encouraged to get serious about your health and that just maybe you will give Trim Healthy Mama a try.

Before and During...


  Lovin’ this Trim Healthy Journey! Come join me!

~Clair

31 comments:

  1. You look amazing! Thank you for sharing! I got the book last fall and have been trying different recipes off and on, but last week I started reading it more seriously and really just was ready to go.. Tired of my old lifestyle and ready to make things right! This morning is the start of Day 3!!! And I have followed 100% I decided to weigh in weekly, but even after just two full days I feel so much better. Last night an antacid commercial came on and I realized I didn't have heartburn! And my clothes feel much better. I can't wait to see what other changes follow in the next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jenny! It sounds like you are on the road to health! Congratulations!!! Keep up the good work!

      Delete
  2. Love this post! I am about 30 pound down since starting THM in late August but have about 70 more to go. I love this lifestyle and feel so good... my feet feel so much better. Thanks for sharing your journey. It is so encoraging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tana! Congratulations on your amazing progress! Keep up the good work!

      Delete
  3. You look awesome! That is so inspiring. I weigh the same as you starting off. I have dropped almost 10 pounds this first month of being serious. I am so glad you posted photos. Now I know what I can look like next Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you ksmith! I'm glad that I have inspired you! Congratulations on your progress and keep up the good work!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the encouraging story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful THM testimony. I am so happy for you!
    Thank you for sharing your journey & progress with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, you look 14 again! thank you for sharing your THM journey with us and encouraging so many readers with your post today. :) I bet your hubby feels like he is married to a new woman! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much Niki! My Husband is one happy man!

      Delete
  7. I loved reading your story I'm a Trim Healthy Teen, 19 to be exact! It's nice to connect with other younger ladies doing THM!
    Natasha
    A modest fashion blog: www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natasha! I'm glad you enjoyed reading about my journey so far. I checked out your blog and I like it. You've got cute style and we have several things in common!

      Delete
  8. Loved reading your story and seeing your transformation! You are an encouragement to many. I am a fellow THM and my journey is very different than yours (I did not have much to lose and am maintaining easily at goal weight). I love how this plan meets everyone right where they are! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm happy that my progress has been such an inspiration to so many other women. Congratulations on making it to your goal weight and maintaining! This plan is super versatile, which is what makes it so easy for women of all ages and stages!

      Delete
  9. I have PCOS, too. I'm old enough to be your momma. BUT. Trim Healthy Mama has given me hope. I've lost 50 in the last year, 30 of which were with THM. I've been plateaued since November, BUT I'm going to keep on keeping on. As I write this, I'm trying not to beat myself up because I ate 2 yes 2 brownies tonight. Now I know that's something my family can't have in the house for awhile.

    Blessings to you! I'm so glad that you've been delivered young and will have a long life to enjoy your newfound health.
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura and congratulations on your amazing success so far with weight loss! Give yourself a pat on the back and don't feel guilty for your "cheat treat". That is the beauty of Trim Healthy Mama, you are only ever 3 hours away from being back on-plan again! May the Lord bless you on your journey to greater health!

      Delete
  10. Your story is a blessing! Thank you so much for sharing. I'm in the beginning of my THM journey but feel comfortable with saying this is now my way of life. No guilt, all blessing! :) May God continue to richly bless you and your husband in your lives together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lew! I'm so happy that THM has so easily become your way of life! THM is such a blessing to so many! May God bless you on this wonderful journey!

      Delete
  11. We have almost exactly the same stats! I was at 193.8 when I got started on THM and am now 158, I also am 5'3 1/2 ! I love THM and am always SO happy to see it working for others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is so amazing that we are so similar! THM is such a blessing! Congratulations on your great success and keep up the good work!

      Delete
  12. I am so encouraged by this! I also have PCOS, and I just started my journey into THM. Just this week, so it isn't perfect yet. But you give me so much hope for weight loss, and feeling healthy. Thank you! You look fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much An! I'm so glad that I have been an encouragement and given you hope. Congratulations on starting your THM Journey! I pray that the Lord blesses you with great success! Never Give Up!!! God Bless!

      Delete
  13. I just ordered the book online. I lost over 50lbs with a different program over the last year and since going off have gained back around 40. I can't even put into words how discouraging and soul crushing that is. I was told about the THM website yesterday and have been pouring over the personal stories. I am almost afraid to get excited again, but I feel like I am literally dying in my skin right now. There has to be a change. Thank you for posting your story and pictures. Please continue to update as you get closer to your goal!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz! I'm so sorry that the other program was unsuccessful. It is so discouraging to loose weight only to gain it back again. Congratulations on learning about THM and ordering you book! Get your hopes REALLY high, because you are gonna love it! I will continue to post updates in the future and I can't wait to hear about your success with THM! May God bless you abundantly on your journey!!!

      Delete
  14. Wow, so encouraging!! I've *just* started THM...like this will be my third day; My starting weight is 178.8 at 5'2 1/2"; this morning I was 174.6 - I'll take it! lol I am excited to see where this will take me, and happy to have a more freeing approach to health and eating than I have been for many years. :) You look amazing and so youthful/cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kelly! Congratulations on starting THM and already having great success! THM is soooooo freeing! God Bless!

      Delete
  15. You are just absolutely beautiful!! I loved reading your testimony!! SOOOO proud of you Mama!! I was really encouraged reading this..I also have PCOS, I'm 35 and have 4 kiddos!! I've also had 4 c~sections..My weight loss at first (I know it's not recommended, but I started with a FP cycle) was great..I began Nov.16, 2013..I have lost a total of 17 lbs..which I know is great, but have been stalled 2 weeks now :( I was fluctuating between between 196-200, then 196-199 and so on until I have steadily been at 196 for about 5-6 days now..I hope that means my body is gearing up to start losing again!? My family and I have totally made this our lifestyle and have no plans of going back..I am starting to get a bit discouraged at the scale reading...My mind will def wrap around the plan slow and steady, then the next morning comes and the scale still reads 196..LOL..just was hoping to be past this by now :/..sorry to post all this on your page..I just really felt I could relate to you!! You are my new inspiration!! Keep at it girlie!! Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am so happy that I inspired you! Congratulations on your weight loss so far and I hope that your body has adjusted and you've begun to lose once more. I've been bouncing back and forth a little lately as well. It can be discouraging at times, but then I think of how much I have lost already and how WONDERFUL I feel and I realize how blessed I truly am! Let's continue on even if it means slow and steady; we will get there, by God's grace! May you be blessed!

      Delete