Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Chicken Tractor

Before marrying Trey I had no idea what a Chicken Tractor was. (It is also called an Ark.) Trey showed me one that he had built and I was instantly impressed! 


To put it simply it is a portable floor-less chicken house. It is especially handy for newly hatched chicks. You put them inside and can move them from one spot to another all around your yard. That way they can learn to scratch around for bugs and other things to eat, while at the same time fertilizing the ground! The term Chicken Tractor comes from the chickens performing many functions normally accomplished  using a modern farm tractor: like digging and weeding the soil in preparation for planting crops or fertilizing and weeding to enhance the growth of crops that have already been planted.




I went away one weekend, which is an extremely rare occurrence, for we generally don't go separate ways. (I was with his family though. =) Trey and I enjoy one another's company so much that we spend as much time together as possible. While I was gone he built me my very own chicken tractor! Just in time for my newly hatched chicks!




It is the cutest and most useful little contraption!
I have and continue to enjoy moving my little chicks all around our backyard. 




Finding pleasure in my work!
~Clair

No comments:

Post a Comment