Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Valentine's Day and our Third Anniversary




Valentine's day dawned clear and bright here in southern Illinois. It was a perfect day for adventure!




We spent the morning relaxing at home. After enjoying our crockpot brunch we had fun with a short Valentine photo session.






 















Once our photo session was complete we headed for the hills.


Our first stop was a boot store where I browsed the ladies boot section, drooling over a pair of Timberland work boots. They certainly were not a fashion boot, but I'm dying for a nice pair of serviceable work boots. (I know what I'm saving for. =D )

After stopping at the grocery store for a few items and getting a Jr. Ham and Cheddar sandwich from Arby's  we headed on down the road. 

We went to The Chocolate Factory, that is well known in our area for their delicious chocolates. We had fun browsing their selection.












Piano keys for my piano man...



Chocolate toothbrush anyone?


 It was incredibly hard to make a final decision on just what to buy, but we finally made our selections.


Chocolate lover's paradise...


Out of this world fudge!



The Chocolate Factory was just across the road from Dixon Springs State Park, so we drove until we found the perfect location to taste our yummy treats! We found a picnic table in a lovely spot beside a creek with towering boulders all around us.





The taste testing was dreamy!!!





White Chocolate covered Oreo

Cashew Cluster


Chocolate covered orange peel (aka, kitty poop!)

Peanut butter chocolate swirl


Peanut butter cup


Peanut butter chocolate fudge


Chewy Praline Fudge (my personal favorite, but very rich!)


After enjoying our goodies we took a short walk among the boulders.








Dixon Spring








 A cool breeze began blowing and the day was beginning to turn chilly, so we climbed into the car and went on our way.

One of the things that I asked Trey if we could do was go roller skating, for I love roller skating just about as much as anything!!! The rink that we chose just happened to be having a Valentine balloon drop. I won a one dollar prize and Trey won Valentine bubble gum.











After skating we drove around trying to decide where to eat supper. After passing Red Lobster and observing the packed parking lot we decided to try Long John Silver's, one of my all-time favorite restaurants! It was a half an hour before closing and we were the only people there! You can't get much more romantic than that! ; ) We enjoyed our peaceful meal and I wasn't even able to finish all of my food!





Help!!! A pirate is stealing my goodies!

"Arrrg, little lady!"


We had a quiet drive home enjoying one another's company in the silence. It was a little late when we arrive home and it felt so good to crash into a cozy bed!





Trey even surprised me with a romantic 'honeymoon suite'.

Friday dawned chillier than the day before and we were thankful for the crackling fire in the woodstove which kept the house pleasantly warm in-spite of the piercingly cold wind that whipped about the corners of our little house. I was awakened with a kiss from my dear Husband as he beckoned me to the kitchen where he had provided a delicious breakfast while I lay fast asleep. A plate containing not just one, but TWO sausage biscuits from McDonald's (my all-time favorite breakfast), a Bearclaw, and a cake doughnut (my favorite!). I have such a thoughtful and generous Husband!





 We enjoyed the day mostly inside. We played games, Trey played the guitar and we sang, and enjoyed one another to the fullest!




Peanut Butter M&M's




Trey made this pretty design for me out of PB M&M's. It took me a second to figure out  the 'eye'.


It was a lovely Anniversary. Each year of marriage is better than the last. 

~ Clair

No comments:

Post a Comment