Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Life...A Whirlwind...




Wow, life has been busy lately! Since our getaway to Tennessee at the beginning of May, (of which I will hopefully be doing a blog post soon),our life has been a whirlwind! After such a refreshing time of peaceful rejuvenation it was rather odd to spring back into daily life so suddenly. It seems as though I've been home long enough to eat and sleep, make a few messes, and then leave again. I've been trying to hold everything together in the midst of it all. I won't have dishes stacked to the ceiling, laundry piled high, dust an inch thick, and a dirty floor if I can help it! So far no one thing has gotten terribly out of hand, just everything has become a bit disorderly.
I had been focusing on decluttering and purging my home of needless junk; that is, before our trip. I'm dreading looking forward to continuing that as soon as I get the everyday things a little more under control.  Less truly is more and I am working very hard to pare down as I know that it will only add to the peaceful environment of my home. 
I'm trying to keep the 'many things' on my list from effecting my attitude, because respecting my Husband and serving God is about so much more than a perfectly neat house. There is so much that I want to do and it seems as though I never have enough hours in my day! It is up to me to make the most of my twenty-four hour day.
 If you think of it just say a little prayer for me. Pray that I will be able to focus on the truly important things and discard everything else. Pray that I do not neglect my home, as the devil would like nothing better.
 I long for the strength that I draw from peacefully working in my home...

 Home truly is my favorite place to be!
Striving to find balance!
~Clair

No comments:

Post a Comment