Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Visit Back Home...

This past weekend Trey and I took a trip to Ohio for a visit back home with my family. My parents have their house on the market, with an interested buyer, and will probably not be living there much longer. Their plans are to move to the great State of Wyoming!




 We spent a lot of time together at the house and had a great visit with them. The days were filled with lots of conversation and laughter, as always. (Get the Throckmorton girls together in one place and it will sound like you have stepped into a chicken house full of hens!) We always have so much to catch up on and share with one another.  Trey and I taught Mom and my little sister Grace how to play Farkle Flip (a card game) and had fun playing it many times. Trey was in his element helping Dad work on vehicles and doing some projects around the farm. We enjoyed a family cookout complete with music around the campfire well into the night and then spent the next day with our brother and sister, out on their boat at Rocky Fork Lake. Trey and I both knee boarded for the first time and Trey had his first water skiing experience. Instead of water skiing I chose an exhilarating ride on the back of a jet ski!

Family fun!


Me, Mamaw, Mom, Grace, and Heather


The time seemed to go by slowly. Every day was filled with many simple pleasures. Through it all I was reflective, for I do not know what the future will bring or if I will ever be inside those walls again. The thought of being there for perhaps the last time was hard to comprehend.  Leaving my childhood home, perhaps never to return, caused emotions to rise within me. Change... it is always so hard. We want to peek around the corner and see what lies ahead, but there is a hedge that blocks our view. 







Two Minnetonka Moccasin lovers!











My God is good! He blessed us with beautiful weather, and a wonderful visit filled with meaningful things that we will look back on someday. I can trust in him, because Jeremiah 29:11 says, 'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.' I don't need anything more than that!

~Clair

2 comments:

  1. Great post Clair. You do wonderful photography too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much!!! I really enjoy capturing moments through photography!

      Delete