Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Fall ~ Things I'm Looking Forward To



The scent of Fall is in the air and the weather here has been cool and rainy. I've been dreaming about all the things I want to do and experience this Fall and wondering if we'll be able to squeeze them all in. I am constantly reminding myself to take life by the horns and Live! I can dream up all sorts of fun, meaningful, relationship building things, but it means nothing if I never do them. It is so easy to get busy with life and forget to Live. We have one chance at life and to live for the glory of God. We all too often enslave ourselves all in the name of security instead of living our dreams. I am telling this to you and to myself:

Get out and live your dreams and do whatever it is you love!

Here is a list of some of the things I'm dreaming about this Fall. I will follow up later and let you know if I lived out my dreams!

  1. Roasting hot dogs over a fire in our yard
  2. Knitting a project I've been dreaming about
  3. Crocheting a reusable Swiffer cover
  4. Cutting and splitting firewood with Trey
  5. Going on a camping trip to a local State Park
  6. Shopping for sweaters and winter clothing after shrinking out of most of my clothes from last year!
  7. Experimenting with yummy, Fall-time, Trim and Healthy recipes
  8. Doing a few projects using reclaimed pallet wood.
  9. Wearing cozy sweaters
  10. Spinning some yarn using wool from Trey's sheep
  11. Wearing my Minnetonka five-layer fringe boots a lot!
  12. Finishing a pair of baby socks that I started knitting early this Spring
  13. Making homemade soap
  14. Sewing a reverse applique shirt
  15. Going for leisurely walks through the woods
  16. Sending a few things snail mail
  17. Being cozy on the couch and eating a yummy snack while watching Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Sense and Sensibility, Jane Eyre, or Anne of Green Gables.
  18. Camping out in the backyard
  19. Cuddling up on the couch with a good book
  20. Observing the leaves change colors and finally fall
I'm excited to see how many of these things I can make happen!

What are some of your dreams for this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment