Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Autumn Is Here!!!

Happy Fall everyone! 



I can't believe that another Autumn has come to call on us all! Here in Southern Illinois we are starting to see signs of the season. A few leaves here and there have just begun to change but the best is yet to come, and the last few days have been wonderfully cool! Not so much so that I can wear a sweater, but enough that the air conditioner has actually been off most of the time.

You haven't heard a lot from me lately. I've been so busy living life to the fullest (which includes a trip to the ocean that I'm excited to post about!) that I haven't had the chance to share it all with you. We had a great summer and I'm looking forward to recapping some of the highlights.

Today I'm sharing pictures of a few of our "pets" and my new Minnetonka Five-Layer Fringe Boots! I've been wanting these boots since the end of last Winter but I couldn't bring myself to pay full price for them. I scouted ebay until I found the perfect pair and voila'!  




I love the way the fringe swishes as I walk, creating a dramatic effect! As with my other Minnetonka moccasins and sandals I'm sure they will become a new favorite. I will certainly stick out like a sore thumb here in Southern Illinois, but that's okay. I have my own unique style and am not overly concerned about following the latest trends. Life's to short to wear something that doesn't make you smile!


I love my chickens, mostly because they produce the most amazing eggs I've ever eaten!


 Here are our lovable cats Bob and Blackie. They are most certainly faithful friends and are always ready to cuddle.










So, what item in your closet makes you smile when you see it???


No comments:

Post a Comment