Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Journals...

Journals...

In our fast paced world today I think most people have forgotten all about such a thing. In essence, we have taken such a thing for granted. Much of the historic accounts in our books today came from someone's journal, that they faithfully sat down and recorded each day. Some days were more important than others, but nonetheless they recorded it all. I love to read old journals, letters, etc. I am thankful for the opportunity to look into the past and see what life was like then. To learn from another person's mistakes, to share in their rejoicing and to discover things that have long since been forgotten. 


A few months after Trey and I were married he bought us matching journals, his was black and mine red. He wanted us to record our daily lives, so that future generations would have a peek into our world. I have often been inspired by the words on the cover which read,

think. create. record.
                                                                     with passion...

In the first year, 2010, I have 28 journal entries. In 2011 I have 52 entries. In 2012 I have a mere 10 entries! Last and certainly least in 2013 I have not written a single thing! Pitiful!  

 I have recently realized how important my journal is to me. Certainly I can take just a few minutes out of my day to write something! I have decided that in the year 2013 I will continue to honor my Husband's wishes and my own desire to keep a journal. I hope to capture the moments of this year to look back on in the years to come and to share with those that I love.

Throughout this next year, keep a lookout for posts titled, From the Pages of My Life. I'm looking forward to occasionally sharing my journal with you, my dear readers, for a little peek into my daily occupations.

Clair

4 comments:

  1. How fun! Now I'm inspired to journal too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are inspired to journal as well! I think journals are so special. I already enjoy looking back through my journals and am amazed by the little things that I have forgotten! Happy Journaling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to journal as well! I am not as faithful about it as I want to be either. I am keeping a journal for both Justus and Moriah so that they will have it when they are older. Sometimes I find it challenging to find time to write for myself! :) You have challenged me to try to find a little snippet of time though! Love ya! ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that I encouraged you to continue doing what you love!

    ReplyDelete