Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

From the Pages of My Life...


Saturday, February 4, 2013                                                    5:50 p.m.

          I slept rather late this morning. I woke up at 9:20 a.m.! We have pretty much been night owls over the last week, not getting to bed until after twelve to one o’clock each night. Trey has continued to get up at 6:00 each morning, but I don’t know how he does it. He is a strong man. Coupling the late nights with all of the manual labor that he has been doing he is starting to show some weariness. The last two nights we have made a point to get to bed at a decent time and I’m feeling more like my old self!
          After doing the feeding and gathering the maple sap, Trey arrived home just after I had awakened. We had a grapefruit, went for our sprint interval jog, and then while Trey read the bible I knit on my sweater. I finished the back! It looks like it is going to fit well. I must hurry and finish it for spring is in the air and soon it will be too warm for sweaters.
          After bible reading Trey left to boil down maple sap and I washed dishes and did house work.
          We had a late lunch at 2:30, of chicken gizzards, spinach, cottage cheese, and Trey had a baked potato. It was a true southern meal, complete with hot sauce on the spinach.
          Trey left to continue boiling down sap and I washed more dishes, (which I am and nearly always seem to be behind on).
          I took some time checking Facebook, looking at a few blogs, and a few other things online.
          I am on the last song in my piano book! It is a very pretty version of Amazing Grace, so I took some time to practice and also enjoyed playing The Entertainer, which I just recently learned. And of course I had to have some fun playing some of my own songs. I’m looking forward to starting my next book, the second of three! I really enjoy piano.
          I have been itching to make these adorable ric-rac flowers that I saw online a while back, so this afternoon I got out my ric-rac, my sewing machine, and my hot glue gun and set to work. They were simple and fun. I made two large and two small. I made the small ones into post earrings and the large ones into hair clips. I only had yellow ric-rac and I would have loved to make several colors, but I’ll just have to wait until I can get more ric-rac.



          Now it is getting late and I have no idea what I’m making for supper! I’m going to have to put this journal down and work on supper, for I will soon have a hungry man on my hands.
                                                                             Clair

2 comments:

  1. Clair, I love the flowers! I have a t-shirt from Target with these ric-rac flowers of different sizes along the top right of the collar. They are also showing up on pillows. Fun for spring:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They do speak of Spring, don't they. I think they would be darling on just about anything, on the edge of a lampshade, etc. I'd love to see a picture of your shirt! It sounds lovely!

      Delete