Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2013

A Little Mishap...


I climbed into our car still soaking wet from the afternoon spent swimming in the pond with my in-loves. Ahhh, what a nice evening I thought to myself as I started the engine. My tummy let me know how hungry I was after all of the games, laughter, and fun. I envisioned the Skinny Chocolate that I knew awaited me at home as I put the car into gear. After turning in my seat to be sure that all was clear through my dust covered rear window I slowly began to back up. My thoughts were just returning to the pleasures of returning home, when Wham! I felt my rear bumper strike against an object. My first thought was, "Oh, no! I've run over one of the tricycles!" Hopping out as quick as a flash I discovered that I had hit no tricycle, it was more like Providence Prairie's farm truck!!! I nervously began to giggle as I ran to assess the damage. Our fender was missing some paint and unfortunately I had put about a basketball size dent in the truck. Oh, brother... I felt so ridiculous! The only thing that kept me from crying was the fact that I was laughing my head off! After further inspection I was extremely glad to note that the door still opened and closed. 

All is well that ends well! My father in-love wasn't upset and was very forgiving and reassuring. Trey moved the truck and I was on my way home. 

Perhaps one of these days I won't find myself doing quite so many embarrassing things...

Have I ever told you about the time I went over the culvert and wrecked into the split rail fence while driving down their lane? Well, I'll save that one for another time...

~Clair

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking of that same time! You were thinking about FOOD that time too! I believe you were trying to keep homemade English muffins from sliding off the plate and the next thing we all knew, you arrived back at the door with the car in the driveway ditch! You are an adventure Clair McDaniel! ~Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's the time! It was so startling, and very scary, to find myself crashing into the fence! The car would not move forward or backward! How mortifying as well. =D And all over English muffins!

      Delete