Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Delicious, Lean and Green Salad Dressing!



 I LOVE Salad!!! Salad is one of my favorite foods! There is nothing like a giant salad, especially if it is covered with cheese and a creamy dressing! I am a Ranch dressing gal, that's for sure. Sometimes I have Blue Cheese dressing on my salad, but either way, it has to be something creamy and packed with flavor!

I'm currently on day #3 of the two week  Fuel Cycle from the Trim Healthy Mama book.

I was browsing Bulk Herb Store's youtube channel this afternoon and stumbled across a recipe that I believe has change my life FOREVER! It is called  Lean and Green Salad Dressing. After watching the video, you can find the complete recipe here at Bulk Herb Store's website.




I immediately ran to the kitchen and began making it. In less than 10 minutes I had a super delicious, homemade dressing! It was so easy and used super common ingredients! I omitted the honey, using 2 Tb. of xylitol and a few shakes of stevia instead. I also added 1/2 tsp. of Glucommanon to make it a little more creamy, although it was not at all necessary.


I drizzled it over my large salad and added less than 1 Tb. of Parmesian cheese and was it ever DELICIOUS!!! Who knew such a simple salad could be sooooooo packed with flavor?!!!? I also dipped my cucumber slices in it! Yummy!


I'm sure I will still eat store bought Ranch dressing from time to time, but I will most definitely be using the Lean and Green Salad dressing on many of my S salads from now on!

Follow the link above to check out Bulk Herb Store's youtube channel. Shoshanna Easling overflows with energy, creativity and joy. Her videos always leave me in fits of laughter with a smile on my face and some new-found knowledge!

~Clair

No comments:

Post a Comment